Author: Amanda Gould, High Spec Properties
We do hope you are all safe and well. Our thoughts go out to anyone who is suffering at the moment.
If you’re wondering if it’s a good time to buy or sell at the moment, you are not alone. It is one of the first things people ask us when we see them.
There are no standard open house inspections and no live auctions filled with buyers and ‘sticky beaks’. Instead, we have adapted to private inspections with clients and online auctions.
We are conducting facetime video walk throughs for all our inspections. This gives us the ability to answer our client’s questions about a property from the comfort and safety of their own home.
The recent market increases of 10% + have now decreased in some locations back to pre-election prices in 2019. We are helping a number of clients that are in a great position to take advantage of the downturn as they are not in the ‘cycle’ they don’t have any property to sell so can move quickly.
You should not invest if :
- Your job security is at risk or if you don’t have stable income
- You don’t have savings
- You are looking for a short term investment
- You would not be comfortable with the property going backwards in value before it increases
Who should consider investing:
- People with income security/people with savings
- If you are comfortable to take a risk for a long term gain
- Are comfortable with the market fluctuating in the short term
- Are comfortable to hold the property for at least 12-24 months and wait for the economy to recover
There has been no better time than now to have a trusted buyer’s agent on your side helping you through these unprecedented times. If you would like assistance or just have a property question, please give Amanda Gould, Buyers Agent, HighSpec Properties a call on 0410 608 352.